Saturday, March 10, 2007

Moo's Hot and Spicy Peanut Sauce

As I've said before, I love Asian peanut sauce. Just drizzle a little on pasta, dumplings or wonton, it's always a Palate Pleaser for me. Knowing my taste for peanut sauce, Moo was always coming up with new versions. This recipe has a little more snap to it. I think you'll like it.

3 Tbls peanut butter, creamy style
5 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil or peanut oil (your choice)
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
3 Tbls. sugar
2 tsps. Sesame oil
1 tsp. fresh garlic, pressed
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
Mix peanut butter and olive oil until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until smooth. Cover. You can make ahead and chill but to bring out the flavor and make it easy to drizzle or dip let it warm to room temperature before using.

Like I said, try it with Chinese dumplings, won ton or noodles.

No comments: